Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dusty keyboards

tutankhamen3sandalstutankhamen2tutankhamen1

Pictures of King Tutankhamen’s tomb, published in the May 1923 issue of National Geographic. The whole set here. Dude was a bit of a hoarder, non? But how cool were his sandals?!

Umm, I just spent a whole month penning down a thesis. I want to say it was horrifying, but to be honest I was never overcome with the workload. Lazy is what lazy is. And stressing out about it helped me get through other stuff, and even though the whole thing resulted in a hormone-fueled acne breakout, things could be worse.

Stuff that helped me get through this month: Leonora Carrington’s “The Hearing Trumpet”, cigarettes mixed with Marianne candies, the company of friends, many many episodes of The Simpsons and Pretty Little Liars (an obvious  combination, definitely), late night marihuana, and LOTS of Lil B. Too much Lil B, in fact.

Summer of rain, acne and debauchery. Hot stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Great collection.

    Wow, sigh, the Hearing Trumpet looks fantastical... I'll have to put that on my reading list.

    And good to hear Lil' B saved yet another life... ;)

    Gros Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these photos are amazing. It's quite an interesting collection that he had.
    Haha, candles, friends and Pretty Little Liars also helped me this month among other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun times to me. & amazing photos. Wow. I missed your blog. I suck for not being here more often. Good luck with the thesis!

    ReplyDelete